Test

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Taul “Toy Crusher” Waters is an illustrator, painter, graphic designer, and synthographer born and residing in Jacksonville, Florida.

He concocts strange characters, landscapes, and machines using various mediums - from traditional to digital. Inspired by science fiction, horror, philosophy, graffiti, hip hop, skateboard culture - plus hilariously absurd and odd life experiences - Taul has managed to carve out a corner of the cosmos that his own brand of weirdness calls home.

Friday, May 3, 2024

The Kitchen


Sketchbook Session

I can't remember if it was the camera or the page that was dirty, but there's definitely some smudging going on here. You're probably thinkng "why didn't his lazy ass just retake the photos?". Because I'm doing this all in one take, for authenticity...or some excuse like that. There was no concept, rhyme, or reason behind this composition. I just let my hand go...which usually produces the best results. However, you're liable to either do a ton of erasing or waste a bunch of paper taking that approach. Yet, if you want to go where few have gone before...

I know, for a fact, that no one reading this is a stranger to Theo Von...

THEO VON FUNNIEST MOMENTS VOL. 1

Ok, maybe I don't know that for a fact, but this dude said "I think if you have a diploma, you're not a hooker." 😂

Did anyone notice this A L I E N easter egg in the remake of the old scifi TV show "V"?

I swear, Weyland/Yutani has their hands in everything. I'm starting to think they're a metaphor for Apple and Microsoft. Only they're trying to get their hands on a xenomorph, not your data.



If you don't have a dark sense of humor, don't watch this...but do, though.

THIS IS HOW YOU DIE

Funny but true story: in the early days of the Funny Or Die website, the Admin banned me from commenting on their videos because I said something they didn't like about a video Will Ferrell did. The internet in the early 2000's was awesome.

Speaking of dark humor, Burn is a flick that is labeled as horror but the protagonists behavior throws you off to make you think the film is going in a certain direction. This keeps you on your toes the entire time while the story is coupled with some strange humor and odd tension. That's all a roundabout way of me saying "she's weird af and he's an idiot".

BURN
CLICK HERE TO WATCH

I probably should've waited until I saw The Exorcist: Believer before I posted this or even got excited about it, but I'll admit I'm interested in where they take this. That might change once I actually get a chance to see the aforementioned, but check this out anyway:

From Bloody Disgusting:

Mike Flanagan in Talks to Direct the Next ‘Exorcist’ Movie

Recent comments from producer Jason Blum suggested that a retool was in order when last year’s The Exorcist: Believer wasn’t as successful as Blumhouse and Universal hoped. That certainly seems to be the case, as Deadline reports tonight that Mike Flanagan is in talks to direct the next Exorcist movie.

Director David Gordon Green was initially on board to direct an entire trilogy of new movies in the franchise, with The Exorcist: Believer intended to be only the first film in that three-film sequel series. Originally set to hit theaters on April 18, 2025, sequel The Exorcist: Deceiver was delayed when Green left the project.

If talks come to fruition, Flanagan will take over, likely steering the franchise in a new direction.


READ THE REST HERE

I'm going to go ahead and leave it there before I exhaust everyone's ADHD and y'all stop reading this blog.

OH NO feat. PERCEE P & DIAMOND D - KNOW MY VOICE


#toycrusher #taulwatersuniverse #mechdirective #art #artblog #jacksonville #jacksonvilleflorida #jax #jaxart #jaxartist #duvalcounty #duuuval #theovon #ALIEN #V #WeylandYutani #funnyordie #ohno #perceep #diamondd #theexorcist

No comments:

Post a Comment