Test

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Taul “Toy Crusher” Waters is an illustrator, painter, graphic designer, and synthographer born and residing in Jacksonville, Florida.

He concocts strange characters, landscapes, and machines using various mediums - from traditional to digital. Inspired by science fiction, horror, philosophy, graffiti, hip hop, skateboard culture - plus hilariously absurd and odd life experiences - Taul has managed to carve out a corner of the cosmos that his own brand of weirdness calls home.

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Bad Idiosyncracies

DIGITAL PHANTOM SERIES 003

I've been listening to a ton of Alan Watts lately - which isn't anything new if you know me - but his series Ecological Awareness kinda sparked the subject matter for this illustration. No idea what I'm going to do with these yet. Really, I've been known to start these things and not finish them, so...

...Anyway, if you're not familiar with the Terrifier series, you are now:

From Bloody Disgusting:

‘Terrifier 3’ – Damien Leone Just Filmed “One of the Most Insanely Horrific Scenes” of the Franchise

"Filming has been underway for the last several weeks on Damien Leone’s Terrifier 3, the next installment in one of the most popular new horror franchises of the modern era.

Coming to theaters later this year from Cineverse and Bloody Disgusting, Terrifier 3 aims to raise the bar even further on the gruesome exploits of Art the Clown, and Leone has taken a little break from filming this morning to tease an insane sequence the team just got on camera.

Damien Leone tweets from the set of Terrifier 3, “Can honestly say we just filmed one of the most insanely horrific scenes of the Terrifier franchise and you’ll never believe who couldn’t handle it on set 😬😂 🤮 the bts is hilarious. Can’t wait for you all to see!”

Considering 2022’s Terrifier 2 had people throwing up and fainting in theaters, well, it’s safe to say that nobody is prepared for the uncut brutality of this year’s sequel. Stay tuned for more.

Art the Clown is slashing his way through Christmas in the upcoming third installment, with David Howard Thornton back as Art and Lauren LaVera returning as adversary Sienna."


READ THE REST HERE

I'm just going to go ahead and say that if what they're saying is true, we've come into a new era of film. The scene they're attempting to go further than made me turn away in disgust until I thought it was over, and I hadn't done that since I saw some of the scenes in the Hannibal show.
Some films are smart when it comes to plot and progression. Some films are funny when it comes to character personality, odd situations, or slight misfortune. Igby Goes Down is all of those:

IGBY GOES DOWN
CLICK HERE TO WATCH

This movie was shown to me by an old cohort when I was stationed in the Keys and I honestly didn't know what to expect beforehand. At that time I was watching a bunch of Japanese Horror and French shock films (if that's even a term), so I was skeptical I would even remain interested after the first 10 minutes. That turned out to be completely wrong. I'd rate this in my top 10 of most hilarious flicks I've had the pleasure of viewing. The characters are SHARP, each presenting personality traits and idiosyncrasies that are odd yet relatable. It's a smart film, so I'm confident you all will enjoy it.
A few of my line work study illustrations are up for grabs if you're interested in getting your hands on some of my work. These are hand drawn and vectored by yours truly; signed, framed, and prepped to hang. Drop an email at mechdirective@proton.me to get in touch.
Just so you know, quitting caffeine will bring about an unruly headache that lasts for what seems like a fortnight. Goodnight!

SEAN PRICE - ONE

#toycrusher #taulwatersuniverse #mechdirective #art #artblog #jacksonville #jacksonvilleflorida #jax #jaxart #jaxartist #duvalcounty #duuuval #igbygoesdown #terrifier #seanprice #alanwatts #hannibal

No comments:

Post a Comment