Test

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Taul “Toy Crusher” Waters is an illustrator, painter, graphic designer, and synthographer born and residing in Jacksonville, Florida.

He concocts strange characters, landscapes, and machines using various mediums - from traditional to digital. Inspired by science fiction, horror, philosophy, graffiti, hip hop, skateboard culture - plus hilariously absurd and odd life experiences - Taul has managed to carve out a corner of the cosmos that his own brand of weirdness calls home.

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Nerdism

Phantom Series: 002

I know what you're thinking. You took one look at that graphic and thought "what in the Alice in Wonderland?". That or you just scrolled down to the movie review (you're wrong for that, btw). Seriously though, whenever I finish a project like this I immediately realize that I've probably watched The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus waaay too many times.

Good news!

The first issue of ALT:VISION (an AI, Glitch, and Synthography magazine) published by Geist (@4e1st) has just been released and guess who got a spot in that joint...
...that's right, ya boy! 15 other killers in the community are featured and none of them hold any punches. Check us out at the link below!

https://ko-fi.com/s/97b7bb1a20



I was 30 minutes ago years old when I found out about this. Getty is just giving this stuff away!

From PetaPixel:
Getty’s Open Content Program Has 88,000 Images You Can Use for Free

The J. Paul Getty Museum added around 88,000 images of artworks from its collection to its Open Content database. People can download, edit, and repurpose any high-resolution images without any restrictions using a Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license. “Add a print of your favorite Dutch still life to your gallery wall or create a shower curtain using the Irises by Van Gogh — the possibilities are endless,” Getty explains.

>>> READ THE REST HERE
*NOT AN ACTUAL PERSON*

Listen, I've never been the type of dude to say this about a film...like ever, but I think I made a mistake by watching this...

MARTYRS
>>> CLICK HERE TO WATCH <<<

I don't even want to post the trailer because in my opinion it gives away too much. Just know, if you make it past the first 20 minutes of this film, you're a true cinema soldier. I seriously had a hard time watching the first few scenes because, quite frankly the entire thing is the epitome of "not what you'd expect". Not even joking. The first act is going to knock your head off. I first saw this film years ago and purposefully repressed the memory. I decided to blog about it because of the shock factor, and once you watch it you'll repress the memory as well. Good luck, citizens!

BRUH, the new Alien: Romulus teaser trailer has just been released and I stopped breathing for approximately 5 seconds:

ALIEN: ROMULUS TEASER TRAILER

I've been a fan of the A L I E N franchise for decades and, even amidst the skepticism catalyzed by the mixed reviews of the Prometheus and Covenant films, I still have faith that this will be one of the best in the entire series. I personally have no beef with any of the films except Resurrection (I think it was just unnecessary), so having a bridge in the story other than the reading material that is canon is highly anticipated. The movie is set to release August 16th of this year, so you have plenty of time to dust off your DVD's (or VHS's if you're nasty) and catch up.
* NOT A SCENE FROM THE FILM *


A fellow artist and comrade suggested that I work on an audio version of the blog, so I may be putting that in the works in the coming months. You'll get to read AND hear me talk smack to an audience that may or may not exist. Stay tuned!

ORGANIZED KONFUSION - KEEP IT KOMING


#toycrusher #taulwatersuniverse #mechdirective #art #artblog #jacksonville #jacksonvilleflorida #jax #jaxart #jaxartist #duvalcounty #duuuval #organizedkonfusion #getty #altvisionmagazine #martyrs #alienromulus

No comments:

Post a Comment