Test

My photo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Taul “Toy Crusher” Waters is a Jacksonville, Florida–based artist whose practice evolved the way street knowledge usually does: illegally, obsessively, and with a sense of humor sharp enough to draw blood. He cut his teeth in graffiti and illustration, learning early how to communicate fast, loud, and without permission. That foundation expanded into graphic design, painting, digital illustration, and blogging—each medium treated as another surface to disrupt, remix, or interrogate. His work balances discipline with defiance, blending professional execution with the residue of alley walls, sketchbooks, and long nights spent refining ideas that refused to behave. Taul draws inspiration from hip hop culture, drum and bass rhythms, science fiction, horror, skateboard graphics, and the kind of absurd life experiences you only understand after surviving them. More recently, his exploration of synthography has pushed his visual language into stranger territory, where machines collaborate in the chaos rather than clean it up. Darkly comical and deliberately confrontational, his work invites viewers to laugh first, think second, and then realize they’ve been implicated the entire time.

Monday, September 7, 2026

Episode 24: As We Continue On...


What kind of savage doesn’t think Modern Family is hilarious?…


I just recently turned 49 a few days ago and I found it appropriate to post this photo above as evidence that I was already, as an infant, in the "this is some bs" existential mindset. I don't remember the story as to why I was so up in arms and angry, but I believe it was something along the lines of I didn't want my photo taken. So, yeah...no one's been listening to me since then...

...from the archives!...
FREESTYLES FROM 2000

One of the most frequent questions I receive from anyone who thumbs through my sketchbooks is "do you have a life?" This is due to the amount of variations in characters contained within them. The answer is no, by the way. At least not in the sense of "hanging out for the sake of being out". I'd tell y'all where the inspiration for all of these weird faces comes from, but there's no way to explain it without seeming pretentious or being accused of trying too hard to come off as obscure, so...let your imagination run wild, family.

If you don't know about MySpace, you're probably too young to be reading this blog...

MYSPACE OWNERS PLAN COMEBACK FOR THE ICONIC SOCIAL NETWORK
The Myspace interface back in 2009 | ©Image Credit: Flickr / Chris Messina

From yahoo!tech:
"The 2011 acquisition began with an unusual gambit where the brothers issued a fake press release announcing that Justin Timberlake had joined their acquisition team before they had even spoken to him. Their ploy worked, however, as it got them a meeting in New York and Timberlake eventually came on as an investor.

Nevertheless, the revival didn't take. By the time the duo had control over the platform, Myspace had already cycled through several CEOs and leadership teams. With Facebook having firmly established its dominance, advertisers had moved on, and the site's cultural pull was gone.

While there's no timeline for the new attempt and no detail on what the site would look like, Chris DeWolfe, one of the original co-founders, suggests that there's room for something that isn't algorithm-driven."
>>> READ THE REST HERE <<<

At the risk of sounding overly nostalgic, I'm all for going back to the format of not giving af about reach or engagement. The people you wanted to see your posts saw them, you got to choose exactly what you wanted to see, "doom scrolling" wasn't even a term that was thought of or conceived, and - most importantly - people weren't so compelled to do ridiculous, "rage baiting", or licentious things for attention. Artists gained following based on merit. Musicians, same thing. Also, one of the biggest draws was - if you're savvy in HTML - you could customize the appearance of your page in any fashion you were capable of. I can't count how many dj gigs and art show spots I secured through MySpace, and I think that young creatives coming up now would benefit greatly from this dynamic as they could focus on doing their thing vs having to wear 13 pairs of pants by being an artist, video editor, publisher, coder, social media manager, falconry expert, etc just so people know who they are. Then again, all that is probably inevitable.


This...this is why people fear the advent of AI. Also, the Terminator movies...

APPOFENIACS TRAILER

From Horror Society:
"Amused by exploiting our instinct to believe what we see and hear, Duke (Aaron Holliday) treats deepfakes like a contagious party trick. Not because he has something to prove, but simply because he can. Soon blood starts to spill, but Duke isn’t the one who has to clean it up.

Intersecting storylines catch the fallout of Duke’s petty pastime: Poppy (Simran Jehani), heading into the desert for a weekend of cosplay and foreplay; Clinto Binto (Sean Gunn), a legend in the scene with a reputation too expensive to fake; and Lazzy (Paige Searcy), a stranger who picks the wrong line, the wrong coffee shop, and the wrong day to argue.

Paranoia. Confirmation bias. Baseless certainty. We’re all APPOFENIACS. When anyone’s version of the truth can be created with the tap of a finger, the horror isn’t the lie. It’s what happens when people believe it."
>>> READ THE REST HERE <<<

I'm thoroughly convinced we're going to start seeing more films like this, as most horror of any era chooses to pick topics of fearful contention appropriate to the time it emerges. I'm too old to know who the actors are or who the director is (even though I could just easily look these things up), but I'm considering this as one for my To Watch list because it's one of the first contemporary horror films pertaining to AI that I've caught wind of. (EDIT: There are a slew more, I'm just lazy)

Coincidentally, the best ways to tell if someone is propagandized to be against AI are they either refer to AI generated content as "slop", or they continuously bring up how much water goes into generating said content...or both. Which is funny when you think about it - especially when you consider that they tend to point out every other form of propaganda. Reminds me of the COVID era.

On first watch, I struggled to determine whether this was a zombie, vampire, serial killer, or evil spirit type of horror flick...

THE CYCLE TRAILER

From Movie Insider:
"When the body of a man missing for thirty-six years is discovered at the scene of a horrific crime, it’s up to his estranged daughter to unravel his dark past.

The Cycle will be released exclusively on Shudder on Friday, October 23, 2026."
There isn't a whole lot of info out on this movie - or hype, for that matter. To me that's usually a good thing because I can go into it without someone else's preconceived notions. The downside is I still don't know what type of horror movie it is, so...yeah, you get it. Maybe that's the theme, but either way I'm adding this to the list due to the sheer intrigue.


When you look at existence as one big absurb cartoon, these words come in handy...

THE MOCKERY OF A "NEW LIFE"

The Mockery of a "New Life" by Poetic Outlaws

By: Emil Cioran

Read on Substack

From Poetic Outlaws:
Emil Cioran was a Romanian philosopher and essayist known for his existentialist and nihilistic-leaning musings. He was born on April 8, 1911, in Rășinari, Romania, and died in Paris on June 20, 1995. An avid reader of Cioran, Susan Sontag declared him “the most distinguished figure in the tradition since Kierkegaard, Nietzsche and Wittgenstein.”

Cioran's works often explore themes of despair, alienation, absurdity, and the futility of human endeavors. His prose is concise and darkly poetic and is characterized by its aphoristic style. Despite his pessimistic outlook, Cioran's works have gathered much adoration for their philosophical depth and literary quality, influencing many thinkers across various disciplines.

Nic Pizzolatto, director and screenwriter of the astounding True Detective TV series, which was greatly influenced by Cioran’s writings, stated in an interview: “As an aphorist, Cioran has no rivals other than perhaps Nietzsche…"
>>> READ THE REST HERE <<<

A realist knows what comes with lifting illusions off of the everyday events and relationships that they interact with and participate in. Even those who realize this perspective and reject it in favor of having illusions that flavor what happens within the timespan of their life know; they just choose to play the game - which is smart. Mind you, I'm not speaking of a cold detachment from feeling - far from that. I guess it's best said as such: you can know that the act of falling in love is mostly a chemical process, but you can still fall in love.

A few posts back, we talked about this...

EXIT 8 TRAILER

The synopsis from the official website is in Japanese, so you can go on that adventure if you like. What's great about this movie - besides the consistent liminal weirdness - is trying to keep up with participating in the main characters (plural) plight and decision making. If I'm not mistaken, it's based on a video game which I've clearly never played so it makes sense that it manages to immerse you in the story almost first person; even though it isn't told mostly from that perspective. This is the type of horror that implicates you in your own "scaredness" because it makes you think your way into it. Ever since I saw Audition, I was convinced The East had the horror game locked on 15 other levels - and this flick kept proving that point. Also, I have to add (even though this is borderline spoiling) that there are The Shining and Solaris references embedded in this one...

>>> WATCH FULL MOVIE HERE <<<

This is the collab you needed, but did not expect...

CZARFACE MEETS FRANKIE PULITZER

From Sun Tzu:
"CZARFACE Czarface Meets Frankie Pulitzer
Apple music ▶️ / czarface-meets-frankie-pulitzer
Spotify ▶️https://open.spotify.com/intl-fr/albu...
Tidal ▶️https://tidal.com/album/536793587
Vinyl, CD, Cassette & Merch ▶️https://czarface.com/

Tracklist
01. Brothers Grimm
02. All it Takes is One Bad Day
03. That's Law
04. Raw Forever feat. Busta Rhymes
05. Triple Helix
06. Grim-Visaged War
07. Dr. Yorgo in the Land of Acid 7.0
08. Mad Technology feat. Method Man
09. Gnawing at My Rhyme Like A Poisonous Rat
10. Omega Beam
11. Dragon Cannon feat. El-P
12. Scrub
13. Paul Bufano Type Beat
14. Frankie feat. Kendra Morris
15. Intruder…Seems Curious

IG:
/ czarface_eso
/ ins_tagrams
/ dj7l
/ frankiepulitzer

℗ 2026 Silver Age

#Czarface #InspectahDeck #Esoteric #7L #FrankiePulitzer"
I just caught wind of this the day before I typed this, it popped up in my YouTube fyp like it was synchronicity or some sh*t, I clicked on it, head nods ensued. Not gonna lie, I'm still listening through this but the first two tracks - Brothers Grimm & All it Takes is One Bad Day are super grimey. Word on the street is Frankie Pulitzer is your boy Tom Hardy. If that isn't some year 2026 gangster business I don't know what is. I'd love to give a full review of this album, but I won't be anywhere near finished listening to it before I publish this post. Just do yourself a favor (especially if you know the Golden Era sound) and click that link...

Also, you're welcome...

MF DOOM MIX BY JAZZ SPASTIKS

This has to be one of the most thorough DOOM compendiums I've heard to date. There are tracks in this mix I've never heard, which subsequently made me question my fan status. If you don't have time to let this ride and vibe out, don't click this link. Go run your errands - because I gaurantee you once you press play you're gonna miss your appointments.


I should probably go do responsible adult things, but before I do I'll leave you with what I believe to be three of some of the best verses in hip hop...

Stay up!

MOS DEF, BLACK THOUGHT, EMINEM FREESTYLE 2009


#toycrusher #taulwatersuniverse #mechdirective #art #artblog #jacksonville #jacksonvilleflorida #jax #jaxart #jaxartist #duvalcounty #duuuval #horror #jacksonvilleart #jaxartblog #myspace #appofeniacs #mosdef #blackthought #eminem #modernfamily #exit8 #poeticoutlaws #emilcioran #thecycle #mfdoom #jazzspastiks

No comments:

Post a Comment